- Healthy Tips – September 2017 09/1/17
Knowing the signs of Opioid Addiction can save lives. The article provides physical warning signs and a link to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Tips to make the first days of school less stressful begin with being prepared. Learn more.
September is National Preparedness Month – Know what you need to do, and the supplies you should have in the event of an emergency.
Healthy Recipe of the Month – Microwave Denver Scramble Slider
Preventing Heat-related Illness requires staying informed and prepared. Knowing the signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke are critical.
Hepatitis C rising dramatically. Know how it is transmitted, signs of infection, and whether you should be tested.
“Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign. Alcohol-impaired motor vehicle crashes kill 28 people in the US every day! The National Highway Safety Administration’s new smart phone app helps drivers who cannot safely drive home.
Healthy Recipe of the Month
Broccoli, Strawberry Orzo Salad
National Fireworks Safety Month: June 1 to July 4
Fireworks are a staple at festivities for many Americans during the summer months. Unfortunately, many people do not realize just how dangerous fireworks and sparklers can be—which is a primary reason that injuries occur.
In honor of National Fireworks Safety Month, which occurs from June 1 to July 4, take some time to familiarize yourself with the following safety suggestions to avoid accidents when using fireworks.
Age Well in the Workplace
One in every 5 American workers is over 65, and by 2020, 1 in 4 American workers will be over 55, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
As the average lifespan increases, people will likely be working beyond the typical retirement age. This means it is critical to stay healthy throughout your life.
If you are over the age of 50, consider being screened for the following life-threatening conditions:
- Healthy Tips – March Newsletter 02/22/2017
Prepare for Tax Season
Tax season is almost upon us and it is important that you have all the information you need to file your 2016 tax returns. Below is some general information to help you understand the filing process. If you have any specific questions related to your filing situation, it is important to consult with a tax professional.
- Healthy Tips – February Newsletter 01/24/2017
February: American Heart MonthHeart disease is the leading cause of death for both women and men in the United States, causing about 610,000 deaths annually. Heart disease is also an extremely expensive disease — costing the United States about $207 billion annually in the cost of health care, medications and lost productivity.
- Healthy Tips – January Newsletter 12/23/2016
The New Year and How It May Affect Your BenefitsThe beginning of 2017 signals a new plan year for some insurance plans. For individuals with these plans, this means that any changes made to health plans and new deductibles will take effect Jan. 1, 2017.
- Healthy Tips – December Newsletter 12/23/2016
- Healthy Tips – November Newsletter 10/21/2016
- Healthy Tips – October Newsletter 10/21/2016
- Healthy Tips – September Newsletter 10/21/2016
- Healthy Tips – August Newsletter 10/21/2016
- Healthy Tips – July Newsletter 10/21/2016
- Healthy Tips – June Newsletter 10/21/2016
- Healthy Living Tips – May Newsletter 10/21/2016
- Healthy Tips – April Newsletter 03/21/2016
- Healthy Tips – March Newsletter 02/22/2016
- Healthy Tips – February Newsletter 01/27/2016
- Affordable Care Act – 1095-B Form FAQ 01/27/2016
- Healthy Tips – January Newsletter 12/23/2015